- 18th European Payment Summit, April 2019, “The Brave New Payments World – A Regulatory Challenge”
- As MPE2019 Advisory Board Member, moderator of two webinars on GDPR, August and December 2018
- Webinar BrightTalk, March 2018, moderator for “Are changes in AML directive failing to keep up with criminals?”
- 17th European Payment Summit, March 2018, workshop “Bitcoin and AML, regulating the new mainstream” and panel “Out of the Sandbox Thinking, dealing with new regulatory realities”
- 16th European Payment Summit, March 2017, “The New Age of Money Laundering. Fighting Digital Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing with Cyber Intelligence”
- PSD2 – Open Banking APIs as New Standard, February 2017, Panel Discussion: “PSD2 is coming”
- RegTech Futures, December 2016, Panel Discussion: “Putting RegTech Regulatory Systems in Action. Getting Internal Buy-In to Build a Successful Roll-out via Teamwork”
- Payments International, November 2016, “Payments Innovations Strategy Roundtable: “From Bitcoin To Apple Pay – What Will The New Payments World Look Like? How Will It Be Regulated?”
- EPA Pay360 Digital Payments, June 2016 on “PSD2 – Impact and Opportunities for Payment Processors” and panel on “Regulation and the Future of Payments”
- Meet FinTech Day, May 2016 on PSD2 and the new TPP role – Payments panel
- Money20/20 Europe, April 2016 on “Innovating Payments in a Complex Regulatory Environment”
- 15th European Payment Summit, March 2016 on “AML as Competitive Advantage”
Who I am & what I do
Nadja van der Veer
Payments Lawyer & Industry Expert
I have acquired experience both as a Deputy General Counsel for a global Payment Service Provider (in NL) and as a VP Legal & Regulatory for a European Acquirer (in Malta). This gives me a broad perspective on all legal and business aspects of Card Payment and Alternative Payment processing in the global e-Commerce industry. Purpose of my work is to provide my clients with solutions which mitigate their compliance risks, without hindering their business growth. Transforming compliance rules into business opportunities is my duty.
All your readings on International Payments
Stay informed on all developments on the legal and business aspects of (Card and Alternative) Payment processing in the global e-Commerce industry.
Thoughtful Leadership Blogs
Don't take my word for it
Managing Director EMEA – APAC NS8 Inc.
Nadja is multitalented, always looking at ways that will benefit operations, sales and HR through clever out-of-the-box legal improvements. She is always capable of pointing out risk, but still embracing them if the alternative is worse. This shows her thorough understanding of the fast moving payment landscape and the flexibility you need to operate in it.
Executive VP – Nuvei
The opportunity to collaborate with Nadja was always exciting because I knew we would find a solution to the challenge we were facing. Her knowledge from a Legal and Compliance perspective were second to none and I always felt like she was looking for ways to satisfy all parties while keeping Credorax best interests in place first.
MD Malta, GVC Group
An immensely capable and professional corporate and financial services lawyer possessing excellent management and organisational skills.
Working with Nadja was an absolute pleasure and a profoundly educational experience – I cannot recommend her highly enough.
Deputy Company Secretary – Bank
I have had the pleasure to work with Nadja for about a year. She is very knowledgeable, responsive, ambitious, with a can-do attitude. She is conscientious and dedicated to achieving objectives and results in the best possible and innovative way. Nadja was always ready to help and mentor me and her colleagues, for which I am grateful. I would be happy to recommend Nadja as I am confident in her capabilities.